Saturday, July 4, 2009

IVF Dr. Appt 4 (7/3/09)

Happy 4th of July everyone!

I went to my 4th appointment yesterday. Everything is still going as planned. I now have at least 15 eggs on each ovary that are growing and should be able to be harvested. This is awesome! We wanted at least 20 total and it seems it is working out well.

I am still having some pains in my right side and feel bloated all the time. This is still due to the overstimulation. The doctor said to eat even more protein. I thought I had upped the protein intake majorly on Wednesday, but apprently I need even more. I am trying, but it is hard to eat a lot of protein. I don't feel hungry as much and I am very cautious of gaining a lot of weight during this part of the treatment. Last time I did the fertility treatments I gained 20 pounds. I was able to get rid of 10 of that, but the other 10 is still hanging on strong :)

The eggs are looking like we will be ready to do the egg retreival soon. I go back to the doc on Monday to do a routine bloodwork and ultrasound. They will know then if we are ready to the HCG shot. That shot tells my body to release the eggs. Within 24 hours of the shot, we will go into the hospital and they will put me to sleep and take out my eggs. I am hoping to do that on Tuesday. Then I go two days of normal routine. They will put the eggs back in the third day. I have to be on bedrest after that and the two days following. We then will have to wait for two weeks to know if it works or not. That is the worst time of the whole thing. My mind thinks about it all the time and I dread the phone call. I am scared of them telling me once again that it didn't work and to come in to discuss the next plan. Right now, I have no next plan. This HAS to work!!!! Ok I am not going there right now. Right now I need to stay positive and think about the moment. Take it one step at a time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. hey laci. this is sarah...glad things seem to be going well so far. angelo and i have some friends that are...i think...about to start invitro. she has a blog i read occassionally and thought you might want to check it out. i sent her the link to your blog too. hope to see you soon. please let me know if there is anything i can do...can i visit you while you are on bedrest?
    http://ourwaitingroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete